About UsThe Friends, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, supports and promotes animal adoptions and care at the St. Johns County Pet Center.
The purpose of FOSJCPC is to:
- Enrich the shelter environment and contribute to the health and well being of all animals provided protection by the St. Johns County Pet Adoption and Holding Center
- Support the Pet Center by using funds raised as available and where applicable to assist with Center operations that improve the shelter experience for both animals and potential adopters.
- Promote quality re-homing efforts at the Pet Center through program sponsorship, events, community outreach and fundraising.
- Educate the public in animal welfare; and
- Support and promote spay/neuter as a method of animal population control.
We Need More Volunteers!
Heartworm treatment – The Friends sponsor the adoption fee of any heartworm positive dog and pay up to $250 toward the treatment at the vet of the adopter’s choice.
Adoption sponsorships – The Friends sponsor the adoption fees of the cats and dogs in greatest need each month (typically those who have been the longest residents at the Pet Center).
Shelter enrichment – The Friends provide shelter enrichments that will make the animals’ stay at the Pet Center a more positive experience.